Manager, Sales Marketing / Brand Partnerships
- Full Time
Atlas Obscura has an immediate opening for a highly motivated and creative pre-sale marketer to become a pivotal part of our pre-sale efforts during an exciting moment of growth and transformation. This position will report to and work alongside the Sales Marketing Director of Brand Partnerships as well as the rest of the Brand Partnerships team.
Founded in 2009, Atlas Obscura is building the defining brand about exploration and wonder for this generation. Our sister brand, Gastro Obscura, is the ultimate food storyteller from the same imaginations behind Atlas Obscura with a focus on the culinary world. We completed a $20 million Series B funding round led by Airbnb in Summer 2019 and are poised for strong growth in the brand partnerships space.
You thrive on bringing creative and innovative ideas to life in proposals, and seeing them through to close. You can make a big, experiential or content program jump off the page with the deck you put together. You possess not only attention to detail, but attention to the right detail — the nuances and subtitles that make one program sell through over another. You are passionate about media — the energy, the trends, and the industry. Most importantly, you are excited to join Atlas Obscura in its mission to inspire our audience with wonder and curiosity about the world.
- Assist with pre-sale/RFP response process from start to finish for a range of advertising categories, from travel to CPG, financial services and beyond
- Creatively ideate highly sellable ideas with a broader team to respond to RFPs and proactive pitches
- Produce high-fidelity proposal decks across video, digital, social, and experiential content ideas as well as overall Atlas Obscura and Gastro Obscura brand positioning
- Aid Sellers in joining client calls when necessary to understand client KPI’s and deliver compelling proposals to match
- Work with campaign management teams to ensure smooth transition from pre-sale to post-sale
- Develop proactive advertising packages in collaboration with cross-functional teams that align with Atlas Obscura’s Editorial calendar and core tenpole initiatives
- Assist in producing collateral materials for the Brand Partnerships team including new franchises, product materials, and tactics
- Build and maintain an electronic “library” of ad sales tools and issue regular communications to sales team
- 5+ years pre-sale marketing experience at a media company
- Ability to own the pre-sale proposal process from start to finish
- Advanced Keynote skills, other design skills (Photoshop, etc.) are a big plus
- Great design eye and attention to aesthetic detail; ability to work closely with designers and understands how to sell an idea through visual
- Excellent writer - someone who can sell an idea through words
- General media planning skills -- aware of market rates, packages
- Ability to work cross-organizationally with editorial, audience development, video, experiential and product teams
- Strong background in branded content with a passion for advertising and media
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at once while working towards sometimes tight client-driven deadlines
Compensation is competitive. Benefits for full-time employees include a generous time-off policy, family leave, and contributions toward health, dental, and vision for both employee and family. We value diversity and are committed to an inclusive work environment and a fair and consistent interview process.